Manual Handling Awareness Training
Manual handling still remains the leading cause of work related sickness absence in the UK. Musculoskeletal disorders due to poor manual handling are most prevalent in the Construction Industry, Manufacturing Industry and the Nursing profession.
Musculoskeletal disorders are also a growing source of civil compensation claims as a significant amount of injuries lead to time off work and with the employee suffering a loss. A full recovery is not always made from a musculoskeletal injury. Employers have a duty to avoid hazardous manual handling and where manual handling cannot be eliminated the employer must provide training.
Eurosafe UK have delivered manual handling awareness training for a number of years. The training is designed to give both employees and management awareness on the hazards associated with manual handling and suitable controls.
The modules covered during Manual Handling Training are:
- Accident statistics associated with Manual Handling;
- Function of the spine;
- Anatomy and typical injuries from poor or repetitive manual handling;
- Requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations;
- Hierarchy of control under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations;
- Mechanical handling;
- Manual handling risk assessment;
- Kinetic handling techniques.