Asbestos Management Plans and Policies
Eurosafe have considerable experience assisting clients developing a successful Asbestos Management Plan.
If you operate a single building or a large property portfolio you will need to comply with the duty to manage – Regulation 4 of The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
This may mean that you develop a simple plan for a lone premises:
- Identifying who is responsible for what duty.
- Finding out the date your property was built.
- Looking for useful information you may have which may help you.
- Arranging a UKAS accredited suitable survey.
- Determining priorities for action from the findings of the survey.
- Writing down what you plan to do and the frequency of doing it.
- Arranging for additional surveying each and every time construction work is to be undertaken on your premises.
- Assessing if a licensed asbestos contractor is needed before construction work is done.
- Writing down how you will keep your records up to date.
Alternatively, if you have a large property portfolio it may mean that you have to write a more complicated and comprehensive plan/policy in which a group of people are allocated specific roles and tasks under the policy.
No two asbestos management plans/policies are the same and the success of implementing your plan will be to ensure that the process you wish to introduce is compliant, effective and most importantly, works for your organisation.
Eurosafe UK can produce your policy and management plan, with guidance given to you and taken from you, each step of the way.
It is unusual for us to write such a plan without input and support from you. A successful plan relies on people “buying in” to the process, this is needed from both internal employees and external contractors/suppliers. Eurosafe UK can help to train and educate the people involved in every part of the process to make the plan work effectively.