CDM Consultant to the Principal Designer
Our CDM Consultant service to Principal Designers includes support in pulling pre-construction information together and ensuring it is disseminated to relevant parties, assistance on the design risk management process using the elimination, reduce and control model, design risk reviews, general construction health and safety advice for the duration of a project and development/issue of the Health and Safety File to the Client at the end of the project.
Over the last few years Eurosafe UK have acted as CDM Coordinator on over 8,000 different projects for a variety of Clients. These projects have ranged from large new build schemes in busy city centres to small refurbishments of pubs, restaurants and shops; from complex asbestos removal contracts to data cabling installations; and from major demolition to upmarket fit-outs for financial institutions. Therefore we have the knowledge, experience, skills and resources to assist the Principal Designer in discharging their duties.
By working in partnership with you and your team we can integrate seamlessly into the project team supporting you with your day to day role, providing expertise and knowledge. We also offer you the benefit of an independent and unbiased view of health and safety when it comes to design risk management or CDM compliance advice.
Role of the Principal Designer
The Principal Designer is responsible for planning, managing and monitor the co-ordination of the pre-construction phase of the project. This includes:
- Assisting the Client in identifying, obtaining and collating the pre-construction information
- Providing pre-construction information to designers, Principal Contractor and contractors
- Identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks
- Ensuring that designers comply with their duties and co-operate with each other
- Liaising with the Principal Contractor for the duration of their appointment
- Preparing the Health and Safety File.
How can we assist you as the Principal Designer
Eurosafe are able to provide Principal Designer with the assurance that they are complying with their duties under CDM 2015 this includes the following services:
- Dedicated CDM Advisor throughout the project
- Design risk reviews and design risk workshops
- Formulation of design risk registers and ongoing management
- Attendance at design team meetings
- Review and/or preparation of pre-construction information
- F10 management
- Preparation of Health and Safety Files